Television Industry Committee (TIC) is a professional association of leading TV-channels and media agencies. It represents interests of television industry of Ukraine. The main goal of TIC is to promote the development of TV industry in Ukraine.
In the TIC represented: 4 major television group (Inter Media Group, Media Group Ukraine, 1+1 media, StarLightMedia) and 5th channel, 4 major media groups (Publicis Groupe Media, Omnicom Media Group, ADV Group, GroupM) and Agency Media Arts Group Ukraine.
Television Industry Committee was established on August 27, 2002. Oleg Popenko, CEO of Publicis Groupe Media, has been the TIC’s Chairman since its foundation. Igor Koval is the TIC’s Executive Director.
TIC is a member of international and Ukrainian organizations in the field of TV broadcasting and media research:
- European Media Research Organisations (EMRO), Germany;
- International Joint Industry Committees (I-JIC), France;
- National Association of Broadcasters (NAB), USA;
- Ukrainian Advertising Coalition (UAC), Ukraine;
- FEDERATION OF EMPLOYERS IN TV AND RADIO, PUBLISHING, ADVERTISING AND INFORMATION SECTORS, Ukraine.
In addition, TIC is a member of working groups, expert committees and the following bodies:
- Public Council for Information and Communication Technologies;
- Public Council of the State Committee for Television and Radio Broadcasting of Ukraine;
- Public Council of the Committee on Freedom of Expression and Free Access to Information;
- Public Council of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine;
- Public Council under the State Intellectual Property Service of Ukraine;
- Public Council of the State Agency of Ukraine for cinema;
- Committee of the media, NGO "Association of Lawyers of Ukraine";
- Expert Group on the project "Support of co-regulation mechanisms in the field of electronic media on the eve of the transition to digital broadcasting".
TIC also co-operates with local industry associations in the field of media self-regulation, television audience measurement, review and revision of legislative and legal issues; TIC is also interested and actively involved in the implementation of digital broadcasting in Ukraine.